Q. Which states are New England Psychiatry, PC currently providing therapeutic cannabis services in?
We are currently providing certification in New Hampshire with plans to begin providing this service in Massachusetts by September 2023.
Q. Am I eligible for therapeutic cannabis use in the state of New Hampshire?
To be eligible for therapeutic cannabis you must be a resident of the state you are applying in, and you must have a documented Qualifying Medical Condition as outlined by the New Hampshire Dept. of Health and Human Services (NH HHS): List of Qualifying Medical Conditions
- The two most common qualifying conditions we service are post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and opiate use disorder (in remission). You may be diagnosed here by us, or you may see us with a preestablished diagnosis.
- The diagnosis you are certified for is to be managed and treated by the clinician certifying your application; Please understand that establishments in the primary business of issuing “cannabis cards” are not necessarily available to help with management of your underlying condition. We recommend you inquire about this feature of your care wherever you decide to seek treatment.
Q. What are the required steps?
The certification requires one in-person appointment in our Nashua office. You will be interviewed about your symptoms and history, where a diagnosis will be formulated. You will then complete an application to be submitted directly to the NH HHS. The application document can be found here (we also have application copies in-office)
- A physical is required and will be completed at this appointment by a certified clinician;
- Laboratory work (bloodwork) will be ordered for you to complete prior to this appointment;
- All paperwork will be completed at your initial appointment with your certifying clinician.
- Follow up appointments can be made in-person or via telehealth.
Q. How will my privacy be protected?
New England Psychiatry, PC is HIPAA compliant with exceptional discretion; please contact us at
603-600-8513 to inquire about our specific privacy policies as they relate to this process.
Q. How do I make an appointment? What are your wait times?
You can be seen as early as within one week. Please go to our website https://newenglandpsychiatry.org/patient-intake-form/ and complete the online intake form, and our staff will respond to you within 1 business day. If you have any further questions you may reach us at 603-600-8513 or via email at [email protected]